Sure, you can get by with basic kitchen skills like cooking and washing dishes, but we’re here to tell you how easy it is to be a complete whiz in the kitchen!
1. Avocados won’t ripen? Stick them in a paper bag.
2. Keep your sugar from hardening in the container by adding an orange peel.
3. Pit a cherry by placing it on top of a beer bottle and pushing the pit into the bottle with a chopstick.
4. Instead of waiting an hour for refrigerated butter to soften, use a cheese grater instead of a knife to cut it. The smaller the pieces, the faster the melting!
5. Onions have you in tears? Freeze ‘em first then show them who’s boss.
6. Prevent a pot from boiling over by placing a wooden spoon across the top of the pot.
Use a cheese grater to soften refrigerated butter.
7. Keep your leftovers from drying out in the microwave by placing a cup of water with them. The water will add moisture to the air when heated.
8. Cool down your coffee (without watering it down) with a coffee ice cube. Just make a fresh pot, pour it in the ice cube try, let ‘em freeze, and voila! Coffee cubes that are just as good in almond milk as they are in your morning joe.