Fish is such a great way to stay on track with eating healthy and being fit. However, it doesn’t always taste the greatest when it’s plain. So I like to change things up and as long as I know it’s in moderation, I will add a bit of bread crumbs because come on, bread is always delicious, am I right? Of course I am so here is a Perfectly Crusted Halibut you just have to try!
What You Will Need to Make Perfectly Crusted Halibut:
- About ½ to 1 pound of fresh halibut
- 1-2 cups original, unsweetened almond milk
- About 1 cup breadcrumbs (if not seasoned add a dash of pepper, sea salt and garlic).
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
How to Make Perfectly Crusted Halibut:
- Add the fish to a dish that will allow it to be almost completely covered in the almond milk. Pour the milk over the top, cover and chill for about 1 to 4 hours.
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees and select an oven safe dish that will fit the amount of fish you have to cook. Add the olive oil to the bottom of this dish.
- When you are ready to start cooking, remove the fish from the almond milk (carefully discard left over milk). Lay the fish into a large dish with the bread crumbs and coat each piece entirely.
- Lay the breaded fish on into the oven safe dish. Sprinkle the top with capers (along with additional seasoning if not mixed into the bread crumbs).
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until solid white and flakey. Please note, the actual cook time will vary quite a bit depending on the overall size of the fish pieces, especially how thick they are.
- Serve it up and enjoy! We recommend serving it with some fresh vegetables mixed into mashed potatoes!