Did you know that in addition to the Poise and Purpose Facebook Page, we also have a Facebook group called Poise Chat? We share photos, advice, and suggestions for those who love beauty, lifestyle, and having girl time. It’s a safe place for everyone to share their selfies, learn, and grow with each other. We will host discussions and challenges in the group, and our very first challenge is: Sparkles, Shimmers, and Metallics!
Here is how it works
- On Wednesday, September 7, I will post a Challenge Submission thread in the Poise Chat Group. You can leave your entries in the comments of that post.
- On Friday, September 9, I will tally the votes (see below for voting). Half of the entries will be moved forward into the next round.
- On Monday, September 12, I will post the Round 2 Submission Thread for those who have moved forward and voting will commence.
- On Wednesday, September 14 I will announce the Top 3!
- On Friday, September 16, I will post the Final Round Submission Thread for the Top 3 and voting will commence, and announce the grand prize package!
- On Monday, September 19, I will announce a winner! They will be featured on the Poise and Purpose Instagram page, and receive our grand prize package!
You must be a member of the Poise and Purpose Facebook Group, Poise Chat
You must share this post on your Facebook Page (Copy the address bar and post as a status).
You must be active in the contest. Leave comments on other submissions. Vote for other people. Be kind.
The entire challenge will be based on shimmery, glittery looks. If you do a shimmery eye look and move forward to the next round, try a shimmery lip, brow, or even a sparkly contour in the next round!
Since we had a cheater last round, you will be required to hold a piece of paper in your picture with your name on it.
Be creative! I would love to see creative, messy, lived in looks than something boring with perfect execution.
Try to take clear photos where the details of your makeup is evident. A far away photo isn’t ideal.
Don’t aim for perfection. This is not a beauty contest. We’re looking for fun, creative looks.
Please do not use skin smoothing filters.
Please don’t take your photos at a “selfie” angle. i.e. way above your head.
To vote, you must go to the challenge submission thread and ‘like’ the posts that you think deserve to move forward to the next round. The submissions that have the most likes will move forward to the final round. Poise Chat admins will not vote.
You can vote on as many submissions as you want EXCEPT your own. I will check.
Try to take your photos with the front facing camera (the one that points away from your face.) The camera on that side is better!
You can use the volume button on iPhone (even on the headphones) to take a photo.
Natural light is your friend. Try standing in a well lit area of your house, a few steps away from a window is prime lighting.
Looking down instead of closing your eye fully while taking a photo helps to show your makeup without squeezing your eye shut.
Don’t be stiff. Listen to music. Smile!
I so look forward to your submissions! Have fun, and be kind!