Festival season is fast approaching. Now that you know what you’re going to wear, you need to decide which hairstyle you’re going to rock. Trust us, we know that a hairstyle can either make or break an outfit, so we’ve made it easy. We’re sharing with you our favorite beginner bohemian hairstyles and how to do them. Whether you are new to braiding or just need a refresher on some of the basics, follow along.
- Hair Ties
- 2. Bobby Pins
- 3. Hair Spray (optional)
Side Fishtail Braid
1. Pull all of hair to preferred side and secure with a hair tie.
2. Split into two even sections.
3. Take a small piece of hair from the outside of either strand and cross it over to the other side.
4. Repeat on the other side.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you reach the end of your hair.
6. Secure the end with another hair tie.
7. Remove top hair tie and tug sides for more volume.
8. Voila! Now you have a fishtail braid!
Side Dutch Braid
1. Create a deep side part on your preferred side.
2. Take a one and a half-inch chunk of hair and split it into 3 sections.
3. Take strand closest to forehead, cross under middle strand, and join with the far right strand.
4. Continue on the other side.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you reach the end of your hair and secure with a hair tie.
6. Tug sides of braid as desired for more volume.
7. Wrap around your head and secure with a bobby pin.
8. Voila! You have a dutch crown braid!
Hope you enjoyed learning some beginner boho braids! Get your practice in this week and stay tuned for next week’s more advanced boho braiding techniques. Happy braiding!
Leave a Reply