Making lunch for yourself on the weekends can be a total drag. As the warmer weather approaches I can bet you’d rather be outside enjoying the sunshine than stuck inside making yourself something to eat, right? I couldn’t agree with you more so I figured, hey, let’s come up with a delicious and EASY lunch idea and that’s when these Easy Steak & Veggie Wraps were born!
What You Will Need to Make Easy Loaded Steak Wraps:
- ½ red pepper, sliced thin
- ½ orange pepper sliced thin
- about 1/2 cup thin sliced onion
- 1-2 pieces of cooked steak, left overs are perfect for this. Slightly under cooked is ideal so it won’t be overdone once reheated.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 ears of fresh cooked corn on the cob, frozen corn will also work nicely
- 1 cup of mixed small tomatoes
- 2-4 cups fresh spring greens
- Whole wheat wraps
How to Make Easy Loaded Steak Wraps:
Thoroughly wash all of the vegetables before cutting and chopping.
Slice the corn off the cob and cut the tomatoes in half.
Sauté the peppers and onions in with the oil until just cooked but not too soft. Thinly slice the meat and add in to heat back through.
Steam or heat the wraps until warm and soft.
Load up the wraps and enjoy hot right then or wrap tightly in foil and freeze (without the avocado) for future lunches!
See, wasn’t that easy? Plus, it’s totally delicious! Enjoy!