Despite this Etsy store stating again and again that their glitter pills are not for consumption, people are still ingesting them. Why you ask? Here are a few reasons I came up with as to why someone might swallow a pill full of glitter:
- They enjoy the thought of tiny shards of colorful plastic scraping their intestines. It’s roughage, right?
- So they can say they did it.
- They secretly think that it will turn them into a unicorn
- It feels decadent. Like putting diamonds in your champagne glass or bathing in Evian.
- They just want their poop to look pretty, which I suspect is the real reason.
The truth of the matter is that these pills went viral on Facebook and Twitter as pills for fancy…..you know what, but they are not marketed that way on the Etsy shop. I don’t know what other reason you would want to purchase glitter capsules, but I guess some people like them as decoration.
Part of me wonders why they wouldn’t just use edible glitter?
I will say that the reviews of people who only found out that they couldn’t eat them after they had arrived are pretty comical. I mean, are you that upset that your toilet bowl and it’s contents will be glitter free? Really?