Has anyone seen that new rose highlighter that Lancôme just dropped? Yeah, the one that costs as much as my cell phone bill. That’s the one.
Let’s just say I know a way to highlight your cheekbones til you see them from space without having to skip date night…
Let’s DIY our own Rose Highlighter
You will need
- A fake white rose- I used white to make sure I wasn’t going to have any dye leakage or potentially put something harmful on my face
- A container
- A highlight of your choice- I used Twilight by Nyx
- 70% alcohol
- A spritz bottle- I used an empty setting spray bottle because the mist was fine and even
- A baggie
- A butterknife
1. Crush your highlighter inside the baggie with the butt of the butter knife. Make sure there aren’t any large chunks.
2. Remove the stem from the rose. I just ripped that shit right off.
3. Spritz your rose with the alcohol.
Be sure to get between the petals and around the outside like two trailer park girls. Get it? Ha? Okay, fine. Shake off the excess so your highlight doesn’t clump in the next step.
4. Shake your rose around in the bag of crushed highlighter
Set the rose on a paper towel to dry and pour the rest of the baggie into your container.
5. Let it dry overnight
Watch the video below to see how I did it!